Rooms in my place...pages

Mar 17, 2010

Thankful and a learned lesson...

Yesterday was a whirlwind day for me. School conference early in the morning (and very proud of my son for the all the great feedback I received and the hard work he continues to display in his classes), court for a speeding ticket I got a few weeks back, working on websites, working concession stand duty at the high school soccer game. By the time I got home, I was pooped, but had to keep on ticking, even if it was after 11pm.

I'm thankful, though, that blessings come in many forms and yesterday I received a great one when I went to court to pay for the ticket. I had no problem having to pay for the ticket, I mean if the officer caught me with my lead foot going too fast, then I had to pay the piper. My concern was the amount of miles over the limit I was going would have definitely been a blemish on my good driving record, not to mention a sure spike in my insurance rates especially with a teen driver (who had a small fender-bender and my rates had already gone up as a result of that). I could have just paid for the ticket in advance without going to court, but I wanted to ask the judge if he'd please consider at least dropping the miles over down by 2 so that I could try to salvage my insurance rates and driving record. Well, I didn't even have to ask..they had a copy of my driving record in hand when I stepped up to the podium and after a few questions about where I work (ya see, my full time with benefits job is for my local county government), he graciously reduced my ticket alright. All the way down to a court warning and that came with no fine at all.

I'm thankful daily for the blessings that God gives me every minute of every day, and yesterday was no different. That saved me a big chunk of cash, my insurance rates going up and my driving record having points on it. So lesson learned....S L O W  D O W N!!!! Recognize and observe the speed limits set, and do better about getting out of the house in enough time so I won't have to speed to where I need to be.

Thanks God (and the very nice and personable judge at the local Municipal Court--it was a joy to be in your courtroom).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to AndiVanPhotogs Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Andi Van Photography's Blog Headline Animator